Thursday, July 24, 2008

Taking steps of faith...and lovin' it!

Well, "Tee" has been hearing from God about pursuing golf for His glory (and her good). He's put this desire in her heart to learn the game as well as the desire to draw other girlfriends into the delightful challenge....for His glory (and their good).

She's persevering and she's on her way -- having long since joined the forces of the Fore His Glory Bible Study; having recently taken lessons from a gifted PGA instructor, and now has ventured out on her maiden round of golf! Yep. She did it. She's overcome so much to get to this place and it's God who has brought her so far.
Hmmm. God is at work in her life. He's showing her (and us) that His word is true and that He is trustworthy and loving. Look, she's "living out" His word:

"You dear child(ren) are from God and have overcome..." 1 John 4:4

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:5

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37

"Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16-17

All glory to Him, Girlfriends, All glory to Him!
Let's ALL keep steppin', Sisters!

2 comments:

GratefulinGA said...

I truly "Thank God every time I remember you" Philippians 1:3. As great as your skills are on the course, they are exceedingly surpassed by your love of God and your huge heart for women. I'm so blessed to call you friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm new at "blogging"...I don't even know what the word means? anyone?...I have spent the summer doing a myriad of things...many that involve being a "Gigi"...which was an answer to a prayer and longing that God so richly blessed me with at my elderly age(ha!)...I have been doing my passion,reading,also this summer, along with praising God for all his kindness and mercies in my daily life and the many answers to prayers for all his precious ones in the Bible study and my family and friends...two books I discovered reminded me of our study/prayer group...titled"The Yada Yada Prayer Group" by Neta Jackson..Yada is a Hebrew word meaning to perceive, or know...Also one book that I am reading periodically by Donna Partow,"Soon To Be A Major Motion Picture: New Directions For Life's Dramas" which has a Bible study guide along with chapters...I don't play golf very often but had the opportunity to play on the 4th of July and enjoyed a round that surprised me with two back to back pars...delicious!...hope everyone is enjoying our hot weather...I'm escaping in the pool with "learning to swim" Reilly,granddaughter..Juliette